Monday, July 14, 2008

Yummy card I made

My grandparents, who live in super North Wales, are having their 70th wedding anniversary this week. How about that, eh? 70 years of marriage! They're both in their early 90s now. Here is a picture of them at my cousin Clare''s recent wedding to Ash, who will both have to live to over 100 to achieve the same feat.

Anyway, while staying up until the ridiculously wee hours last week to watch the first two sets of the "Wombledon" men's finals (wasn't it exciting? - I wish I could've watched it all but it went on for 9 hours with rain breaks), I made them this card. I like to make cards for people when I have time instead of buying them one. Much more personal. I'm actually really happy with this one. It's just silver pen on purple card - pretty easy really.


Certainly not as good as Jejune's gorgeous greeting cards, some of which I just had to buy at the Old Bus Depot Market's last Sunday. Well done to all who organised a gorgeous stand.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Ooh I like that card!

Michelle said...

It's a beautiful card! Happy anniversary to them both!

Denise said...

Oh, I love your card! I try to make greeting cards by hand, too, when it's an important occasion.

And thanks for the link :)