Sunday, September 7, 2008

Exciting news

Back at the blog again after my first extended unexplained absence. For a while there it didn't please me to blog, but nothing much was pleasing me for a couple of weeks there. But things have turned around, as they always do and so this post is about a couple of things which have made me happy recently.

1. It's spring. Thank God winter is going away. This week, right on cue, flowers on the plum tree outside my bedroom window bloomed and I wasn't the only one to notice. I watched this Crimson Rosella munch flowers for at least 10 minutes this morning.

2. Here's the best news though: I bought a house! Yes, my months of househunting are finally over. There will be no more agonising over whether items on my wish list were really in the "must have" column or whether they were merely "desirable". There will be no more soul-searching over questions like, How much space in the garden do I really need? Would I really ride to work all that way every day? Is it really stupid to pay nearly 5% of my income in body corporate fees? Will my guests really mind sleeping in a second bedroom that is so small it could be mistaken for a cupboard? After seeing more than 40 homes before this and putting in 4 previous offers on other places and bidding in an auction, I finally nailed a sale! It took me about 3 seconds to know that I liked it and about 10 minutes to make an offer on the spot. Move in at the end of October. Can't wait! Now if I could just conjure up the same situation with a man...

Lovely north-facing garden.

Lovely sunny lounge room.

3. Had a good old scavenge at Second-hand Sunday today for stuff to put in the new house. Best find was a gilt-style picture frame around an oil painting that I don't really care for. So I'll carefully remove the picture and replace it with one of my photos, I think.


Then there are these awesome gum boots. Too small for me, but I have someone in mind who might like them.

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Congratulations. The house looks lovely! I am dreading the house hunting and buying pain myself.. and not doing much about it.

Georgie said...

Wohoo, congratulations!! It looks really lovely. Im very glad the search is over.

AMCSviatko said...

I have a friend who is moving back to the States early next month and was going to redonate all her furniture back to Salvos. She says you're welcome to whatever you want. From memory this includes a futon sofa, a wooden bedframe, dining table and chairs and various other bits and pieces (including kitchen stuff)

Let me know if you're interested...

(Oh, and well done!)

Denise said...

Congratulations on the house, it looks perfect! Buying a house is unknown territory to me, so I'll just take your word for it re/ the stresses :)

Those gum boots are definitely awesome - good find!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Very exciting news!