Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Opening message

My very first blog post! Yay! Ok - I lie. This is actually my second blog post. I started this blog a few months ago but have been too timid to out myself as a blogger as yet, partly because deep down I doubted my ability to commit to it, but mostly because I was afraid it would be crap. However, things have changed. I have told my perfectionist side to shut up (well, after I deleted my actual first post - really, it was v.v. bad though) and I've decided that I'm going to have a go, no matter how bad the writing is. The tipping point came last night as I read Quilting Mick's blog for the first time and in particular her moving post titled Can You Imagine Us Years from Now and I realised more than ever that blogging is about making connections with people.

A word about the title of this blog: Beth Bynnag is a Welsh phrase which means 'anyway'. I lived in beautiful North West Wales for six years and consider it my second home. I am actually going back there next week for a family wedding. I'll be sure to blog it.

5 comments:

Taphophile said...

Found you! :)

Bells said...

I found you too! ha! Thanks to Ravelry. Cheeky....keeping yourself a secret! Lovely to find you blogging at last!

Rachel said...

Thanks, Bells! I'm slowly getting the hang of this blogging thing.

Georgie said...

You kept this quiet, sneaky thing! Very happy to read you.

Denise said...

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but now I know where to find you!

I started my blog as 'therapy against perfectionism' ... and it's helped in many and various ways - hope you find your voice, and enjoy the journey too :)